Guide to Online Casino Blackjack Rules
Explained below in detail are the online casino Blackjack rules. Blackjack is a very widely popular table game because of the low house edge. It is also known as 21 and objective is to defeat the dealer by making a total of 21 or closer without going bust. Thereby you have to outscore the dealer or make him go bust.
Exhaustive List Of Online Casino Blackjack Rules
- Online Blackjack has various versions depending upon the number of decks it is played with. It can range between one and eight.
- According to the online casino Blackjack rules, the card value is as follows:
|Ace||Either 1 or 11|
|Two to nine||Pip count|
|Tens and Face cards||10|
- The total value of the hand is calculated by summing the value of the individual cards. The hand with an Ace and any ten point card is natural and has the highest value. It always stands.
- After the bets are placed, the player and the dealer are both dealt two cards by the dealer. One of the dealer’s card is face-up and the other is face-down.
- If the face-up card shows an Ace, the dealer offers a side bet called Insurance. If you opt for it, you get paid 2:1 but only in case if the dealer’s another card (hole card) shows ten points.
- If the face-up card shows either a ten or an Ace (after offering insurance), the dealer will peek at the hole card and see if he has a Blackjack. If he does, he will immediately turn over.
- In the case of a Blackjack, all the bets except for the insurance will lose. But if the player also has a Blackjack, then it will be a push.
- The game begins with the player sitting to the dealer’s left. Then there are following choices available according to the online casino Blackjack rules.
- Once every player gets his turn, the dealer will show his hole card. If the total is 16 or less, he draws another card except for a total of 17 which is called soft 17.
- If the dealer’s total exceeds 21, then any player that didn’t bust will win.
- If the dealer didn’t bust, then the one with the greater total not exceeding 21 will win.
- Winning bets get even money and the winning Blackjack pays 3:2 unless not short-paid by the casino.
Online casino Blackjack rules must be memorised to play the game skillfully and to make the most out of it. Once you comfortably know what’s happening, you can take an informed decision and hence play it skillfully. In the process, you also eliminate the house edge quite effectively.
|Stand||The player stands with the cards dealt.|
|Hit||The player draws cards as required. If any time his total exceeds 21, he breaks or busts.|
|Double||The player doubles his bet and gets only one more card.|
|Split||The player can split his cards into two hands and double his bet if he has a pair or two ten value cards. He is then dealt another card for each hand.|
|Surrender||Based on the two initial cards, the player surrenders his game and keeps half of his wager and forfeits half.|
Blog Name: Guide to Online Casino Blackjack Rules
Description: Know the online casino Blackjack rules at Monster Casino. Read the simple guide about – card values, insurance, stand, split in tables and more.
Posted On: 23/11/2016
Author: Shaun Allison