10 Interesting Facts You Didn’t Know About James Dean
James Dean or Byron Dean was a well-known American actor during the 1950s. He was strikingly handsome and a favourite of many young ladies. there are many secrets, controversies and hidden facts about his life.
About James Dean – The Rebel
Monster Casino did a little work here to share some details about his short life, family, career, and more. Read below to know.
- James Dean was born on February 8, 1931, in Marion, Indiana, USA. He was the only son of his parents.
- He spent very less but quality time with his mother. James was very close and emotionally attached to his mother. He used to tell his friends that she understood him like no one else could. She suffered from Cancer at a young age and passed away in 1940.
- He spent the golden years of his childhood in Santa Monica, California. He studied first at Brentwood Public School and then at McKinley Elementary School. He lived there till his mother was alive and soon after her death his father remarried.
- He performed brilliantly at school despite a rough life phase. He was also popular and liked by fellow students. He played baseball, basketball, studied drama and competed in public speaking. His graduate school was Fairmount High School in the year 1949 and then he studied in Santa Monica College in California. Pre-Law was his major, but later he changed it to Drama, which his father did not approve of. He was in UCLA for one semester where he got the opportunity to play Malcolm in Macbeth.
- When he was struggling to establish a good career, he worked at CBS studios as an attendant in a parking lot. It was here that he met the famous radio director Rogers Brackett. The rumour mill has it that James was romantically involved with him. He also helped James with a place to stay, career guidance and related support.
- James’ acting career began at a young age. His first work was in a Pepsi Cola TV commercial with which he was widely recognised. From the year 1951 onwards, he started in many films and TV shows, which made him popular. The best pieces of his work include Rebel Without a Cause, Has Anybody Seen My Gal, East of Eden and many more.
- There was a lot more to his life than acting. His job was of a stunt-tester, was interested in developing a car racing career, dated Liz Sheridan, loved playing Bongo drums and sometimes practiced magic tricks.
- He died utterly young, at the age of 24. On September 30, 1955, he was driving a Porsche 550 Spyder south of Bakersfield and met with an accident. Just two hours before his death he was booked with a speeding ticket.
- At the time of his death, there was only one month remaining for the release of his top piece of work Rebel Without a Cause.
- James Dean received the Best Actor Academy Award, which was posthumous.
James Byron Dean was a cultural icon back in the 1950s with a strong impact on the social and cultural life of millions of Americans. Many people are of the view that had he been able to live a reasonably long life, he would have reached the heights of success in acting.
The Inspired James Dean Slots
NextGen has designed an amazing slot on his life story. So, you will find symbols of James Dean, clapper, Walk of Fame star carefully displayed on the 5 reels against a hazy backdrop. James Dean will stand tall on the left side of the reels. The coin size ranges from 0.01 to 2. Try James Dean slots and take maximum advantage of the Pick Bonus and the Legend Spins, and yes, for people with an ultra-risk appetite, there is a gamble feature too to ooze out winnings from this exciting slot game.
Blog Name: 10 Interesting Facts You Didn’t Know About James Dean
Posted On: 16/01/2018
Author: Shaun Allison